This fall, join fellow providers in an exciting immersive learning opportunity on best practices for caring for patients with asthma and COPD. The collaborative will kick of in September of 2019 and will end in June of 2020. CME/CEUs are available.
Asthma & COPD Statistics
- COPD is the 3rd leading cause of death in the U.S.
- COPD accounts for 1.5 million emergency room visits in the U.S. annually
- Approximately two-thirds of patients in the emergency department with COPD symptoms are consequently admitted as inpatients
- 1 in 13 people in the U.S. have asthma
- The asthma rate in Vermont is 12%, the 5th highest in the U.S.
- The rate of deaths in Vermont due to asthma is twice the U.S. rate