Welcome to the OneCare Vermont Communications Toolkit. Here you will find copy, videos, images, and more to support shared storytelling.
Table of Contents
Click on any of the items below to jump to that section
OneCare is active on social media and posts regularly to connect with the public and key stakeholder audiences. Our videos that summarize our core capabilities are excellent content for social media. Below you will find a ready-to-promote social media post to help inform your network of the role OneCare plays in supporting providers to implement value-based care – stay tuned for more “plug-and-play” posts to get into your organization’s social queue.
Ready to Promote Post: Join OneCare Vermont’s Patient and Family Advisory Committee
Suggested LinkedIn Caption & Hashtags:
Over 150 patients in need of immediate mental health care have accessed the compassionate, quality care they deserve thanks to a waiver OneCare Vermont—as an accountable care organization (ACO)—is uniquely qualified to issue. As with all of the waivers OneCare makes possible for our local healthcare system to access, this waiver breaks down barriers to innovation in delivering the “right care” to more patients. It gets those in need of mental health care out of emergency departments and into the appropriate care setting of the Brattleboro Retreat—simultaneously, freeing up beds and resources for those who need access to emergency care. Learn more here: https://bit.ly/46ACS12
- OneCare Vermont is working to improve the health of Vermonters and ultimately, lower the cost of health care. OneCare is the state’s Accountable Care Organization (ACO) that partners with health insurance companies, hospitals, independent medical practices and community health organizations to support providers and move our health care system towards a more affordable model that pays for value and health outcomes rather than various services, such as tests and operations.
- OneCare is working. OneCare is improving the quality of care and reducing costs in Vermont. There are over 5,000 providers in OneCare that are delivering higher quality care and more savings to over 200,000 Vermonters. Since 2018, OneCare has converted $1.4 billion to value-based care. One Care is delivering:
- Lower Costs: Vermont has been able to reduce high-cost services such as inpatient and emergency room visits as well as overall Medicaid cost growth. OneCare achieved Medicare gross spending reductions in all years it was evaluated by the federal government.
- Quality: OneCare’s providers have consistently scored above average on quality of care. For example, in 2021 OneCare providers scored in the 90th percentile nationally for diabetes management.
- Access to Quality Primary Care. Access to primary care is critical to any good healthcare system and thanks to OneCare’s predictable monthly payments, primary care practices across the state are more viable and sustainable. Since 2018, OneCare has invested over $138 million in primary care in Vermont.
- Savings: According to rigorous federal evaluations, OneCare has realized significant health care savings, with over $50 million in Medicare savings since 2018.
- Unity and Coordination amongst health care leaders. OneCare provides an important, unifying forum for providers, payers, and the state to engage in meaningful discussions about healthcare reform and set goals. This model is strengthening relationships among a variety of providers, which is proving to be critical during the pandemic.
- OneCare is holding more than 5,000 Vermont health care providers responsible for the cost and quality of the care they provide through payment contracts.
- OneCare makes available support services to providers so that they can reduce costs and improve quality. These services include:
- Data to help identify which Vermonters need outreach and where areas of care need to improve
- Waivers from rules that get in the way of high-quality patient care
- Financial support that pays for care coordinators, community health workers, and other services that contribute to well-coordinated care for patients.
- Between 30 and 40 percent of Vermont residents will receive care that is partially linked to outcomes-based payments in 2023.
- Stabilized access to primary care. Due to the predictable monthly funding from OneCare, Vermonters have maintained access to primary care, the heart of a better model for care delivery.
- Providers in OneCare are delivering higher quality care and more savings. Reforming the health care system is imperative and we are making progress.
- While health care reform isn’t simple and isn’t going to happen overnight, OneCare’s efforts to improve the quality of health care and lower costs is a giant step in the right direction.
Images and Logos
Find our logo in this section—please do not alter the files, but do let us know if you need another version (high-res, different color/file type, transparent background, or a different orientation). Also included are other graphics that can be used in your communications referencing OneCare Vermont. These files also should not be altered, but please reach out to our public affairs team at OneCare if you need other graphic options.
Click on the images below to open. Right click to select “save as” and download the image.
Videos are a great way to describe your organization’s work with OneCare. As mentioned in the social media section, they are excellent content for sharing on your organization’s social media, and you can also include them in staff newsletters, embed them on your website, or play them in patient waiting rooms. To ensure accessibility, all of our videos include captions.
- Visit our Vimeo channel for video links to use on social, newsletters, and web.
- YouTube links are good for embedding in PowerPoint presentations (visit our YouTube channel or use the sample videos below–click on the “share” link in the upper right of the video thumbnail below).
This is another area where you can collaborate with our public affairs team to develop a video interview to highlight a story from your organization that illustrates OneCare’s work in action and how it supports changing the way health care is paid for and delivered.
OneCare Vermont: Reducing Health Care Spending and Improving Health Outcomes
Video link for sharing, embedding, etc: https://vimeo.com/533692971
Video link for sharing, embedding, etc: https://vimeo.com/479923984
Video link for sharing, embedding, etc: https://vimeo.com/586425303
For more in-depth information on OneCare designed for your patients and the public, review these one-pagers and feel free to print them to share or link to them on your website.