- This event has passed.
Loneliness of Serious Illness: The population health impact and a bit of what we can do about it
June 18, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Please join OneCare for this clinical education session with Dr. Robert Gramling, Holly and Bob Miller Chair in Palliative Medicine and Chief of the Division of Palliative Medicine in the Department of Family Medicine at the UVM Larner College of Medicine. The session is open to the public and 1 CME/CUE is available. Register here.
Session Goal: To describe the public health burden of serious illness loneliness and the emerging science about healthcare conversations that make a difference.
Session Learning Objectives:
1) Participants will be able to define social isolation, loneliness and “existential loneliness”
2) Participants will be able to identify one feature of serious respiratory illness that can contribute to loneliness
3) Participants will be more aware of existing science about how conversational storytelling can reduce loneliness among patients, caregivers and bereaved loved ones
4) Participants will be able to describe one way in which processes of conversational storytelling relate to Serious Illness Conversation in generalist and specialist palliative care practice
Session Registration Link: https://robertgramblingmdjune182021.eventbrite.com
Microsoft Teams meeting: Join on your computer or mobile app
Join with a video conferencing device
Video Conference ID: 119 297 281 1
Or call in (audio only)
+1 802-847-6644,,391826490# United States, Burlington
(866) 695-7853,,391826490# United States (Toll-free)
Phone Conference ID: 391 826 490#