OneCare is reporting quality scores achieved by our community of providers for the 2019 Performance Year. Quality measures help OneCare assess health care processes, outcomes, and patient perceptions linked to high-quality health care delivery.
Each year, health care organizations and providers in OneCare work together to meet specific quality measures. OneCare is accountable for both the quality and cost of health care for attributed Vermonters and is committed to supporting providers as they work to reach quality targets.
OneCare measures quality in four areas defined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicare Services:
- Preventive health
- Patient/caregiver experience
- Care coordination/patient safety
- At-risk populations
Quality measures are collected after each Performance Year and scored using national benchmarks and historical performance. Quality scores are measured separately for each payer program.
For the Vermont Medicaid Next Generation program, OneCare received a score of 95%, earning 19 of the 20 available points. OneCare received four bonus points for achieving statistically significant improvement in the following measures:
- 30 Day Follow-Up after Discharge from the ED for Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse or Dependence (moving from the 75th to the 90th percentile)
- Developmental Screening in the First 3 Years of Life
- Diabetes Mellitus: Hemoglobin A1c Poor Control (>9%) (moving from the 50th to the 90th percentile)
- Engagement of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse or Dependence Treatment (moving from the 50th to the 75th percentile)
For the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont Qualified Health Plan (BCBSVT QHP), OneCare received a score of 81%, earning 14.5 of 18 available points on a challenging set of quality measures. OneCare received two bonus points for achieving statistically significant improvement in the following measures:
- Hypertension: Controlling High Blood Pressure
- Diabetes Mellitus: Hemoglobin A1c Poor Control (>9%)
We recently updated our results webpage to share our quality results with you. To learn more about our quality measures and scores, visit our results page.