Asthma and COPD Best Practices Conference
September 20 @ 8:00 am - 3:15 pm
Register your primary care practice today for the Asthma and COPD Best Practices Conference (2.0 CME/CEU available).
Improving the health of patients with asthma and COPD is a stated priority across the Vermont healthcare landscape. Quality measures related to asthma and COPD are included in the Vermont All-Payer Model, OneCare’s quality measures, the Vermont Department of Health “3-4-50” initiative, the Blueprint for Health Community Profiles, and other state and local initiatives. The Asthma and COPD Conference will take the state-wide focus on lung diseases and translate it to tangible, practical strategies for working with patients and their families to prevent and manage asthma and COPD.
At the Asthma and COPD Best Practices Conference, your primary care practice team will learn:
- Best practices relating to asthma and COPD prevention and management
- The roles of various care team members in assisting and educating patients in the management of COPD and/or asthma
- How to assess and properly stage degree of illness for COPD and/or asthma, and how staging impacts pharmacologic and other treatment interventions
- How to screen for tobacco usage and support tobacco cessation
- How to demonstrate proper inhaler usage to patients
- Quality improvement approaches to aid you and your care team in implementing the strategies presented
Space is limited. Register your practice team by Friday, September 13.